Answer to FOI request regarding vetting for ALS applicants
Freedom of Information
Information Compliance Office (FIB)
Rugby Police Station
Warwickshire CV21 2DH
Telephone: 01788 853864
Fax No: 01788 853781
Miss M J Lee
Dear Miss Lee
FREEDOM OF INFORMATION REQUEST REFERENCE NO: FOI-2012-00336
I write in connection with your request for information dated 07/07/2012 received by Warwickshire Police on the same day, in which you seek access to the following information:
1) How many linguists has Warwickshire Police vetted for Applied Language Solutions Ltd and over what period?
2) Of those, how many were interpreters and how many were translators?
3) How many ALS Ltd translators and interpreters successfully passed the vetting process?
4) To what vetting level are checks carried out?
Following receipt of your request searches were conducted within Warwickshire Police to locate information relevant to your request. I can confirm that the information requested is held by Warwickshire Police and is documented below:
1) 720 Applications received by Warwickshire vetting unit since Jan 2012 to date.
2) We do not hold this information.
3) 574 accepted
4) Non Police Personnel Vetting 3 (NPPV 3)
Your attention is drawn to the attached sheet, which details your right of appeal.
Should you have any further enquiries concerning this matter, please do not hesitate to contact this office.