London Crown Court's work sabotaged ny ALS
This is what a listings officer in a Crown Court in London told my colleague:
- Last week a Spanish interpreter was booked well in advance for an a.m. hearing, never turned up, at 3.30 pm the judge refused to adjourn the case and the hearing went ahead without an interpreter.
- 7-8 cases adjourned during last 2 weeks (no interpreter).
- practically at each hearing the judge demanded not to book the same interpreter for the next hearing due to poor quality of interpreting.
- counsels have a list of 10 Farsi interpreters to be specifically avoided for bookings due to low quality of interpreting.
- one judge categorically demanded to book only NRPSI interpreters.